Partner With Us
commission our services
Women Like Us works in partnership with a variety of core organisations to deliver local employability support to parents who’ve been out of the job market for a while.
Our courses are regularly commissioned by local authorities, children’s centres, social housing organisations, welfare to work services and others working within the employment and skills market.
If you are interested in working with us to deliver courses in your area, please contact Poornima Kirloskar-Saini on 020 7633 4424, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All our courses are run by a qualified career coach and can be held at your centre, or we can book a suitable local venue.
- Getting ‘Job Ready’ - our flagship series of 3 workshops addressing the needs of parents who have been out of work for a while, and are keen to find a job that they can combine with family responsibilities.
- Thinking About Work - a ‘first step’ programme of 1 or 2 sessions, for parents who may have limited skills or experience and have been out of work for a while.
- IT Skills for Work - a series of 3 training sessions for a small group of up to 6 parents. It is designed for people who lack the confidence to apply for jobs in which they’ll need to use a computer.
- Working for Yourself - a one off workshop for parents who are interested in becoming self-employed. It explores the various options and provides guidance on what steps to take next.
Our workshops are delivered by qualified coaches who have excellent communication and listening skills, and an empathetic and pragmatic approach. Most importantly, our coaches have specialist understanding that comes from years of working with parents who’ve had a long break from work.
Participants develop their thinking in a supportive atmosphere, with specially designed exercises giving them a chance to work together and share ideas.The groups are small enough for some individual support to be given, and large enough for parents not to feel exposed.
"I have a wealth of information and good advice to enable me to take positive steps to get back to work. Thank you!"
Evidence of results
At the end of each programme, we collect participants’ feedback and share this with the partner, to illustrate the value of the support provided. Feedback from previous partners shows:
- 100% of participants would recommend the programme to friends or family looking to return to work.
- At least 80% of participants reported progress in key areas relating to their journey into work.
"The workshops have been fantastic. I had lost my confidence, but talking about my skills and having a chance to focus on areas for improvement has given me a huge boost."
Follow up options
Our courses can be followed by 1-2-1 sessions, tailored to each individual. These may address personal areas such as dealing with internal barriers or making the most of opportunities; or practical areas such as developing a job search strategy, improving specific job applications or exploring training routes.
We can also provide outreach support, developed locally, to complement existing activity.
For more information
Please contact Rachael Bailey on on 020 7633 4425, or email email@example.com.