General money advice
- Citizens Advice Bureau Can advise on debt, benefits, housing, employment and the law.
- Gov.uk The benefits section of the government’s site explains the different types of available support, and who is eligible.
- Money Advice Service This independent advice service helps people to manage their money. There is a huge range of online information, covering topics such as savings, pensions, the help-to-buy housing initiative, and more. You’ll also find useful online tools such as budget planners and a baby costs calculator.
- Turn2Us Helps people access the money available to them through welfare benefits, grants and other financial help. Has an online Benefits Calculator and a Grant Search, to help you find out what help you are entitled to.
- Gingerbread Provides advice and practical support for single parents, via online resources and a telephone helpline.
- National Debtline A national telephone helpline for people with debt problems. The service is free, confidential and independent.
Please note that Women Like Us takes no responsibility for the content of any websites or advice given by any organisations listed on this page