Your employment rights
- Acas The employment relations service. The place to go for online information about employment rights and rules such as the right to work flexibly, or if you are involved in and want to resolve a workplace dispute. They also run a helpline.
- Gov.uk The government’s site about public services, all in one place. The link will take you to the section on work and pensions, where you can find information about maternity and paternity rights and the right to request flexible working.
- Working Families Offers pragmatic advice and practical solutions to help employees and their employers find a better balance between responsibilities at home and work. Runs a free Legal Helpline, 0300 012 0312, giving advice on employment rights such as maternity and paternity leave, rights to time off in an emergency, how best to negotiate flexible hours, and maternity discrimination.
- Hotcourses – online course directory, searchable by subject and location.
- National Careers Service Can help find the right course for you.
Support for specific groups
- Mum and Career Find all sorts of resources and interesting articles around the issues of flexible working, women and careers.
- Smartworks Helps women on low incomes to dress in a way that will get them a job. Trained stylists provide a smart professional outfit for you to wear to your job interview. You will also receive personal interview training from a senior executive.
- Do-It has volunteering opportunities all over the UK.
- Time Bank is a national volunteering charity which runs mentoring projects.
Please note that Women Like Us takes no responsibility for the content of any websites or advice given by any organisations listed on this page